Kids Blood TestBlood tests for children are crucial to determine what is going on inside their bodies. Blood tests are essential for keeping them healthy, from addressing general health problems to preventing serious ones.
What is a blood test?A blood test is a procedure in which a blood sample is taken from the body and tested in a laboratory. Doctors order blood tests to check glucose, hemoglobin, and white blood cell counts. Here are some of the things a blood test is used to check in children:
- If a child has an infection of any kind
- If the child has the right amount of vital chemicals in his body, like electrolytes
- The number of various types of blood cells in the child’s blood
- The blood group of a child
- If a child has some medical conditions and illnesses